Contributors: M. E. Bradford
- Where We Were Born and Raised: On the Continuity of Southern Conservatism
- Family and Community in Faulkner's 'Barn Burning'
- Faulkner's 'The Unvanquished': The High Costs of Survival
- Arden up the Brazos: John Graves and the Uses of Pastoral
- Addie Bundren and the Design of 'As I Lay Dying'
- Donald Davidson: 1893-1968
- The American as a Regenerate Being
(see also Weaver, author, and Core, co-editor)
- A Durable Fire: Donald Davidson and the Profession of Letters
- Meaning and Metaphor in Donald Davidson's 'A Touch of Snow'